Compliments or complaints
Your feedback and ideas are important because it lets us know what is working well and what can be improved. All feedback (concerns, complaints, suggestions or compliments) are welcome.
You can provide feedback by phone, email, in person, in writing or via the hospital’s website.
How to share your feedback with us
- Talk it through – share your feedback with the staff involved or ask to speak to a more senior person.
- Ask one of the staff to contact the Patient and Family Liaison Service for you.
- Call the Patient and Family Liaison Service on (08) 6152 4013.
- Ask a staff member for a feedback form to complete. All staff can assist you to fill in the form.
Details to include
To help us understand your feedback, please let us know:
- what occurred and when, with dates and times if possible and who was involved
- what you would like to see happen as a result of sharing your feedback.
If you are happy to be contacted about your feedback, please provide your contact details.
Compliment or suggestion
If you would like to pass on your thanks to the staff who cared for you or if you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please let us know.
Concerns or complaints
If you are unhappy with our service, please let us know.
- We will contact you to let you know we have received your complaint.
- Formal complaints will be investigated within 30 working days in accordance with the WA Health Complaints Management Policy. If there are delays, we will let you know.
- You will be given the name and contact details of a person to speak to during the process.
- You will be informed of the outcome, either by letter or telephone, unless indicated otherwise. You can then respond or ask for further information if you wish.
- Your complaint will not be included in your medical record and is confidential.
- Making a complaint will not impact on any future care or treatment.
Other ways to be involved or share information at FSH
- Be part of the FSH Consumer and Community Advisory committee.
- Being involved with research. Attend workshops or consultation groups.
If this is of interest to you, please contact the Patient and Family Liaison Service.
Patient and Family Liaison Service
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm
Main hospital building, ground floor near information/reception desk, main hospital entrance.
11 Robin Warren Drive, Murdoch, Western Australia 6150
Phone: (08) 6152 4013
Fax: (08) 6152 9779
If you require external advocacy and support with the complaint process, contact:
The Health Consumers’ Council (external site)
Unit 6 Wellington Fair 40 Lord Street
EAST PERTH WA 6004
Phone: (08) 9221 3422
Free call: 1800 620 780
Facsimile: (08) 9221 5435
If you are unable to resolve your complaint through the Patient and Family Liaison Service, another avenue for independent review of your complaint is:
Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO) (external site)
GPO Box B61
Perth WA 6838
Phone: (08) 6551 7600
Facsimile: (08) 6551 7630
Teletext phone: (08) 6551 7640
Free Call: 1800 813 583
Office of the Chief Psychiatrist (external site)
Phone: (08) 6553 0000
Fax: (08) 6553 0099