Our Emergency Department (ED) is located on the lower ground floor at the eastern end of the main hospital building.
It is accessed off Murdoch Drive, on Robin Warren Drive, and provides tertiary-level adult and paediatric emergency services including:
- separate entries, triage and treatment areas for adults and children
- 51 beds in the adult assessment areas, including trauma and resuscitation, acute assessment and ambulatory care, with two bays equipped to manage paediatric and neonatal presentations within the trauma and resuscitation area
- emergency short stay beds in the adult area
- 19 beds in the paediatric assessment area, including acute assessment and a short stay area
- chest pain assessment unit
- toxicology unit
- direct access lift to the helipad and medical imaging
- easy access to the intensive care unit, coronary care unit, operating theatres, trauma, burns, maternity and cardiac wards.
If you have a life-threatening medical condition, call 000 and request an ambulance.
If you have an urgent medical condition you can also come directly to our Emergency Department.
Robin Warren Drive, Murdoch
Our Emergency Department is located on the lower ground floor at the eastern end of the main hospital building.
It is accessed off Murdoch Drive, on Robin Warren Drive.
View our hospital map to find your way.
24 hours daily
Emergency Department activity now